1. Academic transcripts

An academic transcript is an official legal record which lists all the courses you have completed at UQ. It shows:

  • your program,
  • the results you achieved for each course studied,
  • your GPA for each semester or trimester, and
  • your official qualification (after you graduate).

Both current UQ students and UQ graduates can order an academic transcript. 

Academic transcripts cannot be provided for select courses, select programs, or specific study periods.

An academic transcript is often used by employers or universities to determine your eligibility for employment, further study, scholarships etc.

Order online

The online ordering system can be used for:

  • Academic transcripts
  • Certificates of Award.


New or replacement documents cost:

  • Academic transcript (1974 to present): $15
  • Academic transcript Gatton (pre-1990): $25
  • Academic transcript (pre-1974): $25
  • Certificate of Award: $25

Order times

It may take several days for your order to be processed. From the date of your payment, please allow:

Academic transcript

  • 1990 to present: three working days.
  • pre-1990: seven working days.

Certificate of Award

  • 1990 to present: three working days.
  • pre-1990: seven working days.

Check the progress of your order

For pre-1990 records at Gatton:

  • Phone: (07) 5460 1276.


Order in person

Fast-turnaround academic transcripts (1990 to present)

If you visit a Student Centre in person, a new or replacement academic transcript (from 1990 to present) can be issued at the front counter.

The cost is $25.

Can someone else collect my fast-turnaround transcript?

Yes. The person must be authorised by you and must present photo ID.

In order to authorise the person please do one of the following:

  1. Complete a Student Authorisation form (PDF) and submit to a Student Centre in advance.
  2. Log in to UQ Answers and submit an authorisation message. This option is only available to students who have studied at UQ since 2010. In your message, please state:
    • your full name, date of birth and student number,
    • the full name and date of birth of the person you are authorising, and
    • what you are authorising the person to do (i.e. order and collect a fast-turnaround transcript).
  3. Phone the Student Centre: (07) 3365 2600.

Certified copy of transcripts

In some instances you may be asked to supply a "certified copy of a transcript". To do this you will need to:

  1. order an academic transcript,
  2. make a copy of the original academic transcript, and
  3. have the copy certified (i.e. authenticated) by an authorised person (e.g. a Justice of the Peace).

In most cases, Student Centre staff can help you with certifying documents.

The Library has handbooks from all previous years if you need specific information about the programs or courses you studied at UQ.

What's the difference between an academic transcript and a...

Studies report

A studies report is a progressive report of your results that you can view on mySI-net.

It contains similar information to your official academic transcript, but it cannot be used for official purposes.

Degree certificate

A degree certificate (or testamur) is an official legal document imprinted with the University seal and signed by the Chancellor, the Vice-Chancellor, and the Academic Registrar.

It includes your full name, the degree you completed (e.g. Bachelor of Arts), and, in some cases, any majors you completed (e.g. Economics).

Testamurs are presented to students when they graduate.

Certificate of Award

A Certificate of Award is a letter from The University of Queensland, which states your name, any degrees you have been awarded, and their conferral dates.

It is not the same as a degree certificate (or testamur).

Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement

An Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) is designed to be the Australian equivalent of a European Diploma Supplement.

It provides a standardised description of your degree, the University, your academic achievements, and the Australian higher education sector.

The AHEGS was introduced to ensure Australian students could provide appropriate documents for international employment opportunities. It is presented to students when they graduate.