Summer Semester is an optional third semester for UQ students, or an opportunity to discover new knowledge and skills for non-UQ students.

4. How to apply

Current UQ students

Use mySI-net to enrol

Other university students (including international students)

If you're a university student enrolled at another institution and you want to simultaneously enrol at UQ, you need to apply as a "cross-institutional student".

As a cross-institutional student, you can study approved UQ courses for credit towards your degree at your home institution.

Apply for cross-institutional enrolment

All other interested applicants

All other interested applicants should enrol in Summer Semester as "non-award students".

"Non-award" simply means you are not officially enrolled in a UQ program (i.e. an "award" is the qualification you earn after completing an academic program).

Non-award students typically undertake approved UQ courses for a range of reasons, including personal or professional development.

Apply for non-award study