This page is for existing UQ students who need to replace their student ID. New students should go to Starting at UQ.


If your student ID card has been lost, stolen or destroyed – or if it contains incorrect information – you can apply for a replacement.

Replacement cards are free if:

  • your card has been stolen (and you have a police report)
  • your card expired because your graduation semester changed
  • you changed programs
  • the University made a mistake when issuing your card, or
  • you have changed your name.

You have to pay a $20 replacement fee if:

  • you made a mistake when entering your mySI-net enrolment information
  • you want to update your photo, or
  • your card has been lost, damaged or destroyed.

If you think your card is lost, contact PF Assist to see if it has been handed in at Lost Property.

Read the UQ policy on Student Identification Cards.

Expired cards

If your ID card has expired because your graduation semester changed, you can get a free replacement card 24 hours after you:

  • update 'Expected Graduation Semester' in mySI-net, and
  • enrol in courses.

Bring your old ID card to the:

Apply online

Apply online if your old card was lost, damaged, or destroyed. You can then collect your replacement ID from the Prentice Centre at St Lucia or the Student Centre at Gatton.

Apply in person or by post

Complete a Request for Replacement ID form (PDF, 229KB) if:

  • your ID card has been stolen (and you have a police report)
  • you have changed your name
  • you are an external student, or
  • other reasons.

Stolen ID cards

Bring your completed form with a copy of your police report to the:

Change of name

Bring your completed form to a Student Centre with official evidence of your name change.

Alternately, you can post your form and evidence of your name change to:

Student Centre
Level 1, J.D. Story Building
University of Queensland 4072

External students

Mail your completed form and $20 payment to:

PF Assist
Ground Floor, Prentice Building
The University of Queensland 4072

Payments should be made using cheque or money order, payable to PF Assist.

Please ensure you include a return mailing address, so the replacement card can be posted to you.

Other reasons

If your student ID card needs replacing for any other reason, bring your completed form to the:

You will need to pay $20 to have your card reissued.

Depending on the reason for the reissue, you may also need to surrender your old student ID card.


ID cards are managed by a department called PF Assist: