3. Testamurs (degree certificates)

If you decide to attend your graduation ceremony, you will receive your testamur at the ceremony.

If you choose not to attend your graduation ceremony, your documents will be posted to the address you have entered into mySI-net.

Documents are mailed in August (mid-year ceremonies), or January (end-of-year ceremonies).

Always ensure your contact details are up to date in mySI-net. If your address is out of date, your graduation documents will be mailed to the wrong place. There will be a delay and cost to provide you with replacements.

Order a replacement testamur

To protect against the fraudulent use of degree certificates, copies cannot be issued, except when the original has been permanently lost, damaged or destroyed.

If you have changed your name, you may also apply for a replacement certificate – but you must return the original.

To apply for a replacement certificate:

  1. Complete the Request for Replacement Award Certificate form (PDF).
  2. Include a statutory declaration.
  3. Pay $50.

Please ensure you state:

  • why you are requesting a replacement testamur (i.e. name change, or why the original certificate was lost or destroyed), and
  • your full name when the degree was awarded.

If you cannot state with absolute certainty that your degree has been permanently lost or destroyed, please write:

  • "Should the original testamur issued to me by The University of Queensland be returned to my possession, I will return the replacement to the University".

Forms and statutory declarations must be mailed to:

Replacement Certificates
Student Progression
Level 2, J.D. Story Building
The University of Queensland QLD 4072

We cannot accept emailed forms, faxed forms or copies of forms. We must sight the original form and statutory declaration for your order to be processed.

Replacement certificates will be issued in the current style.

Order times

Applications take a minimum of 10 working days to process. In July and December applications may take up to 15 working days.

To check the progress of your application: