Credit for previous study

Have you studied at uni before? You may be eligible to receive credit for – or exemption from – certain courses in your program.

First things first: if you're a study abroad or incoming exchange student, or any kind of non-award student, you're not allowed to apply for credit. Sorry about that.

Also, if you're an international student, you may have already received block credit with your offer letter. Specific credit will be confirmed by your faculty when you start. Check your offer letter and contact your faculty with any questions.

Other students can apply for a credit transfer any time before the due date to enrol (domestic students) or the first day of Week 1 (international students), but we recommend applying as soon as possible.

We receive a large volume of credit transfer requests at the beginning of each semester. Applying early will give us enough time to process your application and to ask for any further information, if necessary.

Unfortunately, we aren't able to process late applications. If you miss the deadline for this semester, you might be able to apply at the beginning of next semester. 

Learn more about applying for credit

How can we help?

The Student Centre can help with most questions about applying for credit:

Contact a Student CentreGo to the online form

Report any problems you experience with the Starting at UQ website.