It is your responsibility to ensure your personal and contact details are correct and up to date in mySI-net. 

Change of name

The way your name appears in mySI-net will be how your name is printed on any official records issued by the University, including any degree certificates and graduation documents. 

To change your official name (including any middle names), you must complete the Change of Personal Details form (PDF, 373KB) and submit it to a Student Centre.

You must provide original or certified documents to support your request, such as a:

  • birth certificate,
  • passport,
  • marriage/divorce certificate, or
  • name change certificate. 

We can only change your name to reflect what is shown on your official documentation. No variation can be accepted.

If you are applying to change your name for an upcoming graduation ceremony, you must submit a Change of Personal Details form (with appropriate supporting evidence) no later than three weeks before the first day of the graduation period.

Change of name order for graduation

Before you graduate, you will have an opportunity to change the order of your name on your official graduation records and documents. 

About six weeks before graduation, potential graduands will receive an email with instructions about how to change the order of their name via the 'Graduation' page in mySI-net.

Please follow the steps in the email to ensure your name is displayed appropriately on your graduation documents.

Change of address or contact details

Log in to mySI-net to update your address or contact details:


  1. Click 'Personal' > 'Addresses'.
  2. Enter your new address details. 

Mobile and other phone numbers

  1. Click 'Personal' > 'Telephone numbers'.
  2. Enter your new phone number. 

Emergency contact

  1. Click 'Personal' > 'Emergency contact'.
  2. Ensure all details are correct.

Change of gender

To change how your gender is recorded in mySI-net, complete the relevant section in the Change of Personal Details form (PDF, 373KB) and submit it to a Student Centre.

No supporting documentation is required to make this change. Please note, your gender is not included on your academic transcript or testamur.