UQ policies and rules
University policies and procedures apply to many aspects of student life. During your time at UQ, you must comply with both University-wide and program-specific regulations.
This page provides links to key policies and rules relevant to students. For a full list of University policies, please search the Policy and Procedures Library.
- Admission Rules (PDF)
- Enrolment and Academic Progression Rules (PDF)
- Fee Rules – 2017 (PDF)
- Fee Rules – 2018 (PDF)
- General Award Rules (PDF)
Policies and rules must be read alongside the rules of your specific program.
The Courses and Programs website is a comprehensive directory of UQ programs, dating from 2008 to present. After you search for your program, you can view its program rules.
You must consult the program rules for the year you first enrolled in a program (i.e. if you enrolled in an arts degree in 2014, consult the Bachelor of Arts program rules for 2014).
In some instances, you may be allowed to consult newer or updated program rules – check with an advisor in your faculty for confirmation.
Alcohol and smoking on campus
Discrimination and harassment
- Prevention of Discrimination, Harassment and Bullying policy and procedures.
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment policy and guidelines.
Equity and diversity
Events on campus
Information and privacy
- Privacy Management policy and procedures.
- Right to Information policy and procedures.
- Right to Information and Privacy Office.
Internet and computer use
Occupational health and safety
- Laboratory Safety guidelines.
- Occupational Health and Safety policy.
- Occupational Health and Safety Division.