RHD tuition fees – domestic students
Information on this page is for domestic RHD students. If you're an international RHD student, please see RHD tuition fees – international students.
Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Philosophy
Tuition fees for the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Master of Philosophy (MPhil) vary according to your:
MPhil and PhD students are charged a tuition fee each research quarter.
Tuition fees per research quarter
2017 commencing students:
|Band||Academic field||Full-time / Internal||Part-time / Internal||Full-time / Remote||Part-time / Remote|
|A||Architecture, Creative Arts, Education, Health, Information Technology, Management and Commerce, Mathematical Sciences, Social and Cultural Studies||$8,000||$4,000||$4,800||$3,200|
|B||Agriculture and Environmental Studies, Dentistry, Engineering, Human Movement, Medical Studies, Natural and Physical Sciences, Pharmacy, Psychology, Veterinary Science||$10,000||$5,000||$6,000||$4,000|
Professional Doctorates (Research)
Professional Doctorate (Research) programs include:
- Doctor of Biotechnology, and
- Doctor of Veterinary Clinical Science.
Tuition fees for a Professional Doctorate (Research) are charged:
- each semester for the coursework component, and
- every research quarter (RQ) for the research component.
Tuition fees are indexed annually.
2017 tuition fees
The fees in this table apply to students who commenced in 2016 or 2017:
|Program||Rate per course unit (#)||Annual fee (#16)||Full-time / Semester (#8)||Full-time / RQ||Part-time / RQ||Full-time remote / RQ||Part-time remote / RQ|
|Doctor of Biotechnology*||$2,220||$35,520||$17,760||$8,880||$4,440||$5,328||$3,552|
|Doctor of Veterinary Clinical Science||$2,220||$35,520||$17,760||$8,880||$4,440||$5,328||$3,552|
* Doctor of Biotechnology students who commenced before 2016 should refer to the Fee Calculator for their course fees.
For student financial matters, there are two important dates to be aware of:
- Due date for the payment of fees. All fees, including tuition fees, have to be paid by this date.
- Census Date. All tuition fees and enrolment details are finalised on this date. This is also the last date you can withdraw without incurring any financial penalties.
Important dates for research quarters are listed on the Graduate School website.
The Academic Calendar lists important dates for standard semesters (i.e. for Professional Doctorate (Research) students undertaking coursework).
Due dates are also displayed on your student home page in mySI-net.
A $100 late penalty is applied to unpaid fees after the fees due date.
If all your fees aren't paid by Census Date, your enrolment may be cancelled.