1. Overview

OS-HELP is a loan scheme for eligible Commonwealth Supported students who want to undertake part of their studies overseas.

The overseas study you want to undertake must count as credit towards your current UQ program.

Types of overseas study might include:

  • Student Exchange,
  • short courses studied at an overseas university,
  • UQ courses taught overseas,
  • clinical placements,
  • professional placements,
  • internships, or
  • study tours.

Before applying, you must have read:


If you have any questions about OS-HELP loans or the application process, please contact the Student Employability Centre:

Further information is also available in the OS-HELP loan FAQs (PDF).